The College Opportunity Programs provide college advisors for students enrolled at high schools and middle schools in Sacramento, Shasta, Siskiyou, Solano, Tehama, Trinity and Yolo counties.
Through workshops and one-on-one academic advising, College Opportunities Programs advisors enhance students’ personal, cultural, social and academic awareness and development. They assist students with early career and educational planning throughout middle school and high school, inform participants about college requirements, and help them identify their areas of interest.
Each student receives extra attention, helping them to stay focused on academic and personal goals and prepare successfully for college.
- Information on making the most of four years of high school classes
- Study skills seminars
- ACT/SAT preparation information
College Preparation and Application
- Assistance in the college search and selection process including college tours and visits
- Assistance completing applications
- Information on admissions, financial aid and enrollment processes
- Assistance in completing Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms
- Assistance with scholarship searches
- Information about career opportunities